St George’s Church .. Iraq

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mmmm... Beer!

Mmmm... Beer! by Steve_Gregory
Mmmm... Beer!, a photo by Steve_Gregory on Flickr.

This was one of those captures that failed to impress me.. Why? Well, it wasn't exactly what you'd call a great shot. A little rushed and blurred!

I rushed it because of two reasons: firstly, it was cold and we needed to find somewhere open that served hot coffee! And secondly, i noticed lots of cars on either side of me....

So I rushed and took the shot ... ok, a bad workman, I know, I know!

But at least I'm getting some cool results from the processing. I did some basic processing for the usual things in Aperture and then exported this into the plugin called Topaz Clean.

This really did add some spunk to the pic and cleared up the blur and bad focus / aperture!

Imported from here into Photoshop and layered a nice texture onto it and pasted over a copy of the original - but at a low opacity using the soft blending mode.

Finally, saved it back into Aperture and added a frame using another plugin called BorderFX. Phew.....!

All in all, I think I "fixed" this disappointing image. I'll do better next time! Oops ;)

Ps, when you view - view LARGE !

No comments:

Post a Comment